Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blood and witchcraft

Yesterday the Magen David Adom (Israeli Red Cross) came to HUC to conduct a blood drive, and I decided I could afford to spare a pint or two for the soldiers. It was my first time ever giving blood, and I was the last one of the day - spent more time waiting for one of the 4 beds than I did being stuck with the needle!

After replenishing my lost sugar, I went with five classmates via sherut (10 passenger taxi) to Tel Aviv to surprise Donna at her performance of "The Crucible," an opera based on the Arthur Miller play. I had told her we'd be unable to attend because of the busy weekday schedule at school...but being occasionally devious has its advantages! Happily, she didn't even see us until the curtain call at the end; we all agreed the look on her face of simultaneous shock and delight was the best part of the evening.

We didn't get back to Jerusalem until 1:00am, but I'd say both my mitzvot were well worth the late night!

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Crucible!" One of my favorites! Hope you enjoyed it!
You and Donna are in my thoughts often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home