Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Breather

Pant, pant, pant...

Orientation formally began today and it's been non-stop sessions since an 8:30 prayer service this morning. We are getting loads of information lobbed at us from all directions, and then we are reassured that since we're not going to remember any of it anyway, we shouldn't take it too seriously. Refreshing!

On the whole the process is going remarkably practically and smoothly. The cantorial students have been issued a piece to sing en masse this Shabbat, a heavy binder of High Holiday music to be rehearsed throughout the summer, and weekly music theory classes and 'regular' (semimonthly) voice lessons. I can tell already my work will be neatly cut out for me!

Tonight the president of HUC is hosting an open house, and tomorrow begins bright and early again with an 8:30 service. This time, I'll remember to bring my prayer shawl!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't take anything at HUC-Jerusalam too seriously...

If Jay is conducting the HHD choir, please tell him I say hello. Is Frommer a fellow cantorial student?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home