Friday, June 30, 2006

New digs and old delicacies

In the past couple of days, we've visited Donna's family in Yavneh and Tel Aviv, and also swung by Jerusalem to sneak a peek at our new apartment! You can see our first impressions here. I also picked up a registration packet from HUC which contained, among other things, yet another Hebrew placement test... No pressure this time, as it's just to determine which level of ulpan ("studio") is best for me this summer.

I heard on NPR once that if Israel were to have an official food, it would certainly be hummus. After less than a week here, I must agree - it's unlike anything you can find in the USA! Same goes for all the produce and dairy products here; they taste like they hail from a land of milk and honey. Hmm...

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Cuatro said...

Why do I feel like there will be a lot of Josh relieving himself in the shower? Donna, watch out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home