Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Caterwauling in Rehovot

After two painless plane rides, I made it to Ben Gurion Airport, where I breezed through passport control and customs and retrieved both of the bags I checked! Donna was there waiting with her uncle Meir and he drove us to her grandparents' house in Rehovot, which is where we are crashing for the moment. In a few days we will make our way to our Jerusalem abode (pictures to follow), but until then I'm glad for the chances to get accustomed to the time change and to meet some more future in-laws!

Upon arriving in Rehovot last night, we ate dinner, courtesy Donna's grandmother "Safta the amazing cook," and went for a stroll down Herzl St, the main drag. I found the town to be charming indeed ("It's just a novelty for you," replied D), replete with outdoor shops, food stands, and clumps of locals crowded around TVs watching Brazil versus Ghana.

I also learned a new word to describe the peculiarly melodious sound of felines at night while in heat...

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Cuatro said...

Felines = Cats = Kitty Cats = Mrs. Cleary from Wedding Crashers

"Call me Kitty Cat!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home