Monday, February 05, 2007

The Shortest and Busiest Month

It's almost impossible to believe that February is already here -- and in full swing! The past two weeks were extremely hectic, hence the lack of new posts. Here is a quick update of everything that's been happening:

Michael is here! My brother arrived in Israel on Jan. 31 for a two-and-a-half week visit. This weekend we picked him up in Rehovot and brought him to Jerusalem for the weekend. Poor Mix had to endure a nighttime rainstorm that caused our shabby windows to bang relentlessly, preventing any sleep. (Okay, Josh and Mix didn't sleep. For some reason I always snore away despite the howling wind and banging windows.) I wish I had more time to spend with my brother while he's here but I am so busy with teaching and rehearsals....

Last Friday night Josh led a special Kabbalat Shabbat service and Tu Bishvat seder for visiting members of the Jewish National Fund. Mix and I were at the service and it was really lovely; we were all guests afterwards at a delicious catered dinner where we got to schmooze with nice Jewish donor-types. Saturday morning we dragged my brother to services yet again, since Josh and I were both singing (all the cantorial students, plus one wanna-be, were "volunteered" to participate in the "Shirat ha-Yam" -- Song of the Sea -- Shabbat services.) Afterwards we had fun surprising our friend Mary for a birthday luncheon and later in the evening we had pizza with Erin, Matt, Stephanie and Mary. Some pics:

Me and Mary

Excellent pic of my adorable bro.

MWAH.

On Sunday, Josh took a personal day and the three of us went back to Rehovot to enjoy Savta's hospitality and some shopping. Mix said it best: "What's a trip to Israel without tagging along while other people look at jewelry??" Because that's exactly what we did, and happily we have some fun news to share: Josh and I bought wedding rings! They are lovely and we should be able to pick them up this coming weekend.

Later on Sunday after saying a goodbye-for-now to my brother, Josh and I headed back to J-lem for a meeting with the Associate Dean of HUC, who happens to be a rabbi, for a little pre-marital counseling session. We just figured we have access to the resources, so we might as well take advantage of it. We had a nice conversation -- who doesn't love talking about themselves? -- and are considering returning for another session, maybe bringing some specific questions to the table.

Back to our real lives. Rehearsals for "Patience" are becoming more frequent, and in the past two weeks I've had added ones for our promotional concert in Herzliya that is happening tomorrow. I have even more voice students now -- I think the total is up to 20? Phew.

This "quick update" has turned into a 45-minute endeavor. More later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home