Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Off to California!

I'm skipping town for 10 days to go home to California and I'm looking forward to seeing my family and friends (and my poochie.) I leave tonight and have a 24-hr journey ahead of me; I arrive in Cali tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon. I hope to be able to get a LOT of wedding details ironed out, and especially to spend time with my sister and parents (and my brother if he shows up) and also hang out a bit with my peeps. I haven't been home since October, but that's nothing compared to Josh, who hasn't been in Michigan since June! (Josh did go stateside in August, if you recall...)

I'm definitely going to miss a few important events here in Jerusalem while I'm gone. Sadly, I am missing the Cantorial students' fundraising concert on the 25th, due to an oversight on my part when I booked my tickets. They are raising money for the upcoming Passover trip to the Former Soviet Union. Read more about it at Anna and Jamie's blog!

I'm also missing rehearsals for "Patience" which has been going very well! JEST is also putting together a concert in February that will consist of different Gilbert and Sullivan solo and ensemble numbers, and the one-act operetta "Trial by Jury" in its entirety. I will be singing Mad Margaret's songs from "Ruddigore" in the first half of the concert (I did this production as a freshman in college -- in the chorus, of course!)

Josh is busy again with schoolwork and has some different classes this semester. I'm sure he'll do his own post soon to update everyone on his academic pursuits... RIGHT, JOSH??? :-)

Farewell for now, J-lem. Be back on the 27th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home