Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back to Normalcy

Josh and I are enjoying being recovered from our crazy touring of Europe, and back to normal here in J-lem. We had a couple days to relax, and then got back to work: me with rehearsals and teaching lessons, and Josh with updating his student cantor resume and prepping for the HUC Colloquium, which starts tomorrow and lasts until Friday. Classes proper start on Sunday for Josh and then it's back to the grind! We've also been reconnecting with all the HUC kids who came back to Israel this week; tonight we watched "The Empire Strikes Back" at Michal and Jonathan's place -- they have a projector that displays the movie up on the wall! They also have two adorable kitties that we played with.

I am looking forward to immersing myself in my projects: rehearsals for "Patience," teaching voice lessons, preparing for my recital in April and participating in the Hallel Choir. Josh and I will also be singing with the Hallel select choir, a smaller group of voices that will tackle some more challenging music. I don't know if we'll have any performances... I hope we will!

I'm also looking forward to some upcoming visits! My brother is coming to Israel on January 30, and everyone is very excited. Also, our friend Siri who currently lives in Vienna is coming for a few days in March, to see Israel for the first time and to spend some time with us before she heads off to India, Tibet, Nepal and Bangladesh to teach English and music. Phew!!

And of course, I'm mostly looking forward to my own cross-planet upcoming trip!!!

More soon... we promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home